There are some things that you can't know about a person until you see them face to face. Now that we have the joy of having Anna home, we are starting to learn a lot more about her. She is seriously silly. That is a good thing. She'll fit right in around here.
She likes to try on shoes but hates wearing socks or shoes. Little gives her more glee than pulling off her socks.
She likes to pretend to make phone calls. When a person actually makes a call, she likes to lie down on the person's feet.
She licks everything. It's as if touch, sight and sound are simply not enough input to really understand the world. Life must be tasted.
There are a lot more things that I could say but that will follow when there is more rest in our house. At this point, I'll just say that the transition process is going very well for where we are at in the process.
I'll also leave you with some photos...

She's always on the move when she's awake. She LOVES this old truck that was David's. Bless his heart, he's been really great about letting her play with his toys and even take books or toys right out of his hands.


Both the kiddos enjoyed the recent snow. I'm not sure that Anna had been sledding before.

One of her favorite loves is splashing in water. Her whole face lights up when I put her down to wash her hands.
Oh, my heart is so happy for you. She seems to be such a happy baby!! Can't wait to see what kind of personality we get matched up with:)
ReplyDeleteShe seems to be having a blast! I'm so thrilled things are going well. Of course I love that she loves boots too :)
ReplyDeleteYup, the phone is certainly a fave! Didn't realize she liked to sit on your feet if you were on the phone - that's funny:)
ReplyDeleteTrying on shoes but not wearing socks is funny, don't you agree? Well, perhaps it's "seriously funny"?
How's the toothbrushing going? Curious Grandma
This is beautiful. It's the little things that make the wait so worth it. She sounds like a joy in every way! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteits so wonderful to see pictures of Anna happy and smiling in your home. Such a great reminder that the stress and wait are truly worth it.
ReplyDeleteAnna looks like such a happy girl! I just love her smile. I'm so glad she is doing well at home!
ReplyDeleteI love all these tidbits about your sweet girl! Isn't that the fun in this process? Learning all the little details about your new child :)
ReplyDeleteoh, gosh, she is SO gorgeous! and she looks like she's doing SO well :) love the picture of her and david!
ReplyDeleteMin, I'm so happy that Anna if finally home. It warms my heart to see you all together! She seems like a sweet, happy little girl, and I'm so glad that you are getting to know the real her! Congrats again. I am having so much fun following your family and learning more about her!
ReplyDelete