Saturday, December 18, 2010

Spectacular Seoul (part 2)

After the tour of the palace, we walked to Insadong to an outdoor street market.

We got this photo on the way there.

I love this photo because it's all about Seoul. Ancient and modern all at once.

The open market was exactly opposite of the palace. It was fast paced, bustling and very modern (including street performance to US rap music).

Here's a bit of the market...




Because it's almost Christmas...

The Salvation Army and chestnuts roasting on an open fire.




After Insadong, we had a lovely dinner at a bulgogi restaurant. Quite a day!!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very fun Saturday in Seoul! Thank you for sharing your photos with us. Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you're having a great time! Your photos bring back so many memories... I was there exactly one year ago! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular Seoul, indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look spectacular! I'm so glad that although it's cold, the weather has been mild enough that you can be outside. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved Insadong! Hope you found some great stuff there. I loved you picture of old and new Seoul in one shot! I'm totally copying that idea when we go back :) Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip, Min!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an amazing time. Thanks for sharing!
    Praying for Anna's transition Tuesday. Continue to enjoy Seoul. Can't wait to hear more and see her in your arms forever!

    ReplyDelete