In the meantime, here's a photo-heavy blog post.
This photo is from the hotel. We had a lot of sadness initially. After that sadness, Anna started to play and show her curious side.
Anna misses her foster family a lot at night time. After a night of "sleep," we took a walk. Anna and I are shown here in the lobby of the hotel. She LOVES Christmas trees.
When we got to the airport, we thankfully were able to check in at Asiana's "Mommy's" counter. Bless them. They had a short, separate line for those of us traveling with small kiddos. They even put "priority" tags on our luggage so it came out first. Whew!
Anna was amazing on the plane. After running around at the airport for a few hours, she took a nap as we were boarding. She slept through take off, woke long enough to play and eat, she then slept pretty much the rest of the flight. The kindly Korean man one seat over gave her a little round of applause when we landed.
At customs, we got halfway through the line and they bumped us to a special, shorter line. So helpful!!
Uncle Dan picked us up and drove us home. At home, we opened some presents from family.

Anna adored her Daddy instantly! That was so helpful as Anna had slept on the plane but Mom and I were completely exhausted.

It turns out that Anna LIKES presents!


We are clearly still settling in and looking for our "new normal." I have yet to be able to get a photo of Anna and David in the same place at the same time. That will happen.
For now, Anna is really transitioning well. She misses her foster family very much. Even with that burden, she is a joy and a truly happy, happy child.
We are so blessed!
Merry Christmas from our new family of four and visiting Grandma!!
So many wonderful things in one post! Such a happy, sweet baby. I'm so jealous of your shorter lines at the airport and customs. And I LOOOOVE that photo of sweet Anna and her daddy. :)
ReplyDeleteShe is just precious! Welcome home! And I can't believe how good Anna was on the flight--wow! Enjoy your first Christmas as a family of four.
ReplyDeleteWelcome Home! Anna is so beautiful! I love every single picture.
ReplyDeleteI am so very happy for your family and will be thinking of you (and stalking your blog) as you continue to settle in. Merry Christmas!
Min, I don't cry often when reading blogs, but when I got to the picture of David with Anna in the air, I lost it.
ReplyDeleteI'm so very happy for your family. Truly. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Congratulations! I love the photos and the pics with you guys and your daughter are amazing! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteOh, she is so beautiful, I love it!! And so sweet she likes presents and her daddy!!
ReplyDeleteWith happy tears in my eyes, I wish you and your family Merry Christmas and congratulations. I'm so very happy for you all and hope the transition to being a family of four continues to go smoothly.
ReplyDeleteOnce you are settled in, I can't wait to catch up, hear about your trip in detail and of course meet Anna!
Wow is she gorgeous and so smiley!!! I'm so glad she is doing so well. I love the picture of you and her in her Mei Tai :):) in front of the tree. I am SO happy for you!
ReplyDeleteAmazing to see Anna with David, can't wait to see Davy and Anna together, i hope they're transitioning well together, praying for you guys, so happy she is doing well, she is just beautiful, i'm so happy for you guys!!!!
ReplyDeleteI know you're exhausted, but you're glowing in every picture! Congrats on making it home, and I'm so relieved you're doing well. Hugs to everyone, and take it easy when you can, and enjoy discovering your newest little girl.
ReplyDeleteMichelle
Wow, she is beautiful, Min! And looks so happy in the pictures. I know she is still grieving her foster family, but it really looks like she is fitting into your family well and I know how much love she is already getting from you guys. Here's hoping you and your mom got some much-needed sleep!!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Min! This post makes me so happy! Prayers as she continues to transition. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteIt really sound like you've had such a great transition. I'm so happy for you! Anna is really an adorable and happy child.
ReplyDeleteis that a wisconsin baby sling?! whoa! peter would die if he saw it!
ReplyDeletei love the picture of anna in daddy's arms. so sweet!
i'm so happy for you, my friend!
Min,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! It is so wonderful to see your whole family together, and Anna looks perfect in your arms. I'll continue to pray that your transition goes as well as possible. Congratulations Min!
Min, Love the update! So glad that your trip home was uneventful. I'm sure having her in the hotel helped....She is just beautiful and i'm sure you can't stop looking at her.... Glad to hear that your family is transitioning...
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you all! Glad sweet Anna made the trip easily and hoping her transition gets easier. Hugs to you all!
ReplyDelete