Anna and David are both doing a great job in their transitions! Initially, David was good about having her around but kept a bit of distance. We are starting to see them engage in some shared activities. We are also starting to see some joy on his part that she is here. The other day, David and I met Dave and Anna out to eat. David cheerfully greeted Anna when he saw them.
Anna is a great toddler. She's happy and curious. She's also my mimic. She'll model whatever she sees others doing. That's been particularly helpful with food. Her favorite food is "Whatever Mom is eating" and so she will try anything. Sadly, food she tries but does not like gets thrown on the floor.
There are a couple of quick notes about the photos that I should explain before posting them.
Anna loves to play dress up. She doesn't keep dress up accessories on for long though.
For football fans, Anna is wearing a Packer shirt. We are Wisconsin transplants in another state so I don't trash talk against other teams out of affection for my friends, neighbors and students. It's a part of our family culture though and that's why we have a healthy amount of baby Packer.
And now, what you really want... Photos!
Anna and David both love books. Anna is not very gentle with them yet so we try to encourage her to use board books.
The shades were a party favor given to David.
The bunny ears and fuzzy scarf are from my brother. I think she can pull off this look. ;)

The photo is not very clear but she is wearing a bee headband.
Hi Min,yes we missed your blogs, looks like things are going exceptionally well. So glad to see that. The children are both adorable,but Anna seems to be quite the little ham. She looks so happy.Keep the pictures coming!!!!Lindsey
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie! I love the one of the siblings together...don't be discouraged if it takes time...we're 6 months in, and they are still frenemies (friends one minute/enemies the next)!
ReplyDeleteYou have hands down one of the most lovely daughters I've ever laid eyes on. There is just something so sparkling in her eyes. I was curious how the sleep arrangement is going and was wondering if you have in a crib yet:) I love to hear about the hole sleep training thing..I am just a little paranoid of it coming..ha ha!
ReplyDeletePlease don't go this long again! She is so cute and you can tell from the pics that she's a happy and fun little girl. I get all warm and fuzzy when I read how well things are going for you.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Glad the siblings are adjusting to each other. I love the picture of her with that cute scarf on! :)
ReplyDeleteyes, please don't deny us anna pics for this long again! ;) she is a total beauty!
ReplyDeleteand i love, love, LOVE her packers shirt!
So happy to see a post from you! Sounds like things are going well. I love the photos. The one of the two of them together is great.
ReplyDeleteAdorable pictures, she looks like she is having a blast playing dress up and so fun to see the two of them!!!
ReplyDelete