The first was a family of four adventure. We walked around a park that has an old farm house and a lake with a path around it. Anna was in a baby carrier for most of the walk, but she also got to walk and play at some of the spots where we stopped for a while.
The second was a Mom-David adventure. Although I cherish these times, they are not as frequent as I would like. David is in school all day and he enjoys a lot of things that are Dad-David adventures (like swimming in the pool at our YMCA).
On this walk, David was throwing rocks and sticks into a little stream. The prairie at this park had an intentional burn last fall. The prairie grasses need fire to keep their ecosystems healthy. What I didn't realize was that David was getting some charcoal on his hands from the sticks.
Check out these two photos. Hilarious!
The park has great paths and trails. It also has some lovely playground equipment. David likes to stop and play before heading home.
Can you tell how much we've been enjoying the weather? Well, it is spring. This morning, it snowed.
So so happy you guys got to enjoy some spring weather before it snowed again! Hope it turns there soon! Love the pics---and David looks like he had a wonderful time with you! I can totally relate to not enough of those moments with the little guy in your life! Great pics---your kids are adorable!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying spring! I understand enjoying time with your older boy - Ben always wants to do Daddy Ben time and it's rare treat to have Mommy Ben time. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Both kids are adorable!
i love that picture of anna on the ground -- she is such a beauty! and that picture of you and david is just so sweet!
ReplyDelete